Saturday, April 21, 2007

Scottish Election Leaflets - Part 1

Previously I blogged about the Labour Election Leaflet in my Constituency of West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine here.

Well now I have received the aforementioned liesleaflet from Labour and along with it the rest of the candidates literature.

A quick review of the leaflets seen so far seems like a good idea so that I know who to vote for.

First the BNP.

Well I haven't actually seen the leaflet as my kids tore it up and permanently filed it. Well done!
I have obviously had them trained well. They are only standing in the list for the North East of Scotland and should end up last after the independents.

Second Labour - James Noble.

What more can I say. Leaflet says very little, attacks Lib Dems Tax policy, Says Labour is brimming with ideas on how to take Scotland forward. Not much else. He has little/no biographical details and lives in Aberdeen rather than the constituency. Apparently, from other sites, he is 21 and works for the Scottish Parliament in Aberdeen. Website is http://waklabour.org.uk/ not sure if wakLabour is ironic? Looks like a no-hoper being given some experience.

Third Liberal Democrats - Mike Rumbles. Sitting MSP

Nice glossy document, no mention of mortgages! Says the Lib Dems have made the difference at Holyrood. Many quotes from papers. Main theme is straight from Lib Dem Manifesto, Greener Scotland, Safer Scotland, Local Health Care, Young People Matter, Bright Future etc. No costings on any of these. Apparently he has helped "thousands" of constituents in the constituency at regular advice surgeries, this maybe a slight exaggeration! Mentions he was member of Standards Committee , a bit ironic? Says it will be a straight forward fight between Lib Dems and Tories. Some Biographic details. Best looking leaflet so far.

More later on once I can find the rest, but my Kids have taken to reading them. Sad?

No comments: