Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Significant Failings of Browne

Rather than sort out the actual problems in Iraq I see Mr Browne of the MOD will instead attempt to stop Coroners from saying that there have been "Significamt Failings" as this Implies blame on the MOD.

What Mr Browne does not say is that there are "Significant Failings" and that the MOD should be blamed .

I cannot put it better that the Wiltshire Coroner David Masters who is currently tasked with conducting inquests into many of the deaths of British servicemen in Iraq and Afghanistan. He said

"I am unable to make any comment on this particular case"

Having said that, I do not consider that this will deflect coroners from conducting full, frank and fearless inquiries into the deaths that they are entrusted to investigate - those of people serving their country when they are killed abroad.

"If something needs to be said, I'll say it."


Browne In High Court To Stop Criticism Of Mod (from The Herald )

No comments: