Wednesday, November 28, 2007

David Abrahams and Sigmund Sternberg


Last night I e-mailed Guido with the above photo discovered via a simple query in Google (David Abrahams Sigmund Sternberg). What more is there to come if even Google can help you out.

I see Sir Sigmund Sternberg sponsored David Abrahams to the Rotary Club in London. Page 7 of the Pdf file has the photo and details.

Sigmund is of course a leading Labour donor and active in fundraising for the Labour Party.

Sigmund is also a donor to Gordon Brown's leadership campaign fund and Hilary Benn’s deputy Leadership fund.

Seems strange that such a leading donor to Labour would sponsor Mr Abrahams to the Rotary Club but wouldn’t have introduced him to his friends in the Labour Party.

Yesterday on PoliticalBetting.com I said "Follow the Money". Today I read that John Burton, Tony Blair’s former party agent in the North East, where the scandal is centered, questioned how Mr Abrahams could afford the donations.

“I never thought he had that sort of money,”.
Of course once we get up to this sort of level, what's next!

Time for Yates of the Yard to investigate.

2 comments:

Jeremy Jacobs said...

You come across as a little bitter. I presume you are not a Rotarian?

Fitaloon said...

Bitter?, why, The comment is about the fact that a Rotarian would not not be shy of introducing his friend to his other friends. Might I be wrong in this thought.
In fact at the moment I more than a little sweet at the thought of the problems that Labour has got itself into!